At Charis Chambers LLC (hereinafter “us”, “our” or “we”) we take the privacy of your personal data very seriously. The collection, usage, disclosure and processing of your personal data are in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”).
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We may collect, use and disclose your personal data for any of these purposes:
- providing services that you have requested;
- providing legal documents;
- responding to any requests, queries or any other matters;
- billing of services rendered;
- resolving disputes relating to our services;
- enforcing obligations owed to us;
- accounting, risk management, compliance and record keeping purposes;
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis;
- complying with any request or direction of law enforcement, government agency or regulatory authority whether local and overseas;
- affiliated third party service providers and agents whether local or overseas who would process your personal data on our behalf;
- providing you with updates on the law e.g. through newsletters and bulletins;
- hosting, storage and backup of your personal data whether local or overseas;
- marketing our services to you; and
- any other purposes for which you have provided your personal data.
- Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
In order to conduct our business properly, we may disclose your personal data to third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates, and/or any other third parties whom we work with whether local or overseas, for any of the purposes indicated above:
- to technical consultants, experts and foreign law practices assisting with your matters;
- to third party organisations, if we outsource functions such as IT, document storage and archival or certain legal processes;
- to our insurers and professional advisers, including auditors;
- to any relevant authorities, including professional regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, whether local or overseas;
- to the extent necessary to comply with any laws; and
- to any other party you authorize us to disclose your personal data to.
- Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
You consent to our transferring your personal data out of Singapore to third parties if necessary, for one or more of the purposes indicated above. If we transfer your personal data out of Singapore, we will employ our best efforts to ensure that the third parties are required to protect your personal data.
- Protection of Personal Data
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties which receive your personal data recognize their obligations of confidentiality.
We will also have reasonable security processes in place to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. This will include processes to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, modification, duplication, loss, and leakage of your personal data.
Do note that as no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage (online/offline) is completely secure, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- Access Requests and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to request for details or make any corrections to your personal data that are in our records, please either notify us in writing or send an email to our Data Protection Officer ( “DPO” ) at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the nature of your enquiry. Kindly attention the email to the “Data Protection Officer” in the subject header of the email.
A reasonable fee for the retrieval of your personal data will be applicable and we will inform you of the fee before we proceed with your request.
- Withdrawal of Consent to Use Personal Data
You may at any time choose to withdraw consent for us to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data for any of the purposes listed above, either in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided above.
Once we receive your written request, we will assess any impact and legal consequences based on the existing business relationship we have with you or your organization, and whether we remain in a position to act or represent you further for any outstanding legal matters.
When we have made this determination, we will advise you accordingly and request confirmation as to whether you wish to proceed with the withdrawal of consent. Only after we receive your written confirmation to proceed, will we continue to process the withdrawal of consent within a reasonable amount of time (which will be communicated to you). If we do not receive written confirmation from you to proceed within 1 month of our confirmation request, we will deem that you no longer wish to proceed with the withdrawal of consent for your personal data. If you wish to do so after the month has lapsed, it would be considered a fresh request and we would have to perform re-assessment of the request.
Please note that the withdrawing of your personal data does not affect our right to collect, use and disclose your personal data in situations whereby such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or mandated under local or overseas laws.
- Accuracy of Your Personal Data
In order to effectively act for matters that would impact your or your organization, we require that you update us of any changes in your personal data. We will not be liable for any consequences arising from us relying on inaccurate personal data, as a result of not being updated by you of any such changes.
- Usage of Cookies
Our website may at such time use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a unique text file that is placed on your hard drive by a webpage server and can only be read by the webpage server that issued the cookie to you. It also cannot be used to execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Most importantly, cookies do not give us access to your computer or share any information about you other than what you choose to share with us.
The cookie will store your preferences and traffic log cookies may be used to indicate which pages are accessed. This helps us to further improve our website content and to analyse webpage traffic via statistical analysis.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our website or to fully experience the features found within.
From time to time as we review our internal policies and business processes, we may update our policies. As such, we reserve the right to revise the terms of the policy at our absolute discretion and without prior notice.
You are advised to review the policy for any updates before every submission of personal data by referring to the date of the policy. Your continued use of our website and services constitutes your acceptance of the revised policy.
Last Updated on 3 June 2020.